Monday, August 14, 2006

Sticky camera

What camera is the best? For me is the one which sticks to my hand, becomes extension of my body, able to lay roots in my hand.

My favorite camera of all times is Yashica T4. It was was my main camera from 1996 to 2001. Nikon N90 was more back up camera. Then was Contax T3, great camera, but I still like feel of Yashica more. Liked Sony Mavica and CyberShot s75. Now I mostly shoot with Nikon D70, as sticky as SLR can get. I newer liked Canon. Total rejection. Tried Hasseldlad 503, love feel and shutter sound, but unfit for my shooting style. I wish I had Hasselblad Xpan. Wonderful camera, difficult to put down. I own Mamiya 7 instead. Can't tell much about this one yet, need more bonding time. Tried Rolleiflex and Yashica Mat. Sold the last one, but keeping Lubitel. Another Russian made - Gorizont panoramic camera crappy but still lovable. Holga can be fun. Lomo - waste of time and money.
The last acquisition Fuji Natura S Black, I have feeling that it might become my favorite camera.

No comments: